Mold is one of the oldest living organisms on our planet. It is a fungus that grows in damp, warm areas where these small organisms can feast on other things. Usually, these fungi collect on dying or decaying things, but they can also show up in our homes.
Mold is all around us and most of it is harmless to us as humans, but there are some that can harm us. In fact, there is some mold that is so bad, that it can cause permanent damage to us. This is the black mold that you may have read about elsewhere. Either way, if there is mold in your home, you should be looking to get rid of it as soon as possible.
There is a way to find out about the type of mold you have at http://www.damagecontrol-911.com/mold-testing-for-the-home/
Mold tests can be pretty important to you as a homeowner. Even if you’re simply trying to sell it, a mold test can come in handy to put on the house listing. Regardless, if there is mold, you should take a mold sample for the mold test kit and send it off to whichever laboratory will do the test for you.
If you find out that it’s a non-toxic mold, you’ll be fine. However, if it’s toxic, you should hire a mold remediation specialist immediately.